We have reached a Tentative Agreement with ISS on a 4-year contract. The contract would become effective on June 9, 2014 and run through June 17, 2018. The Bylaws of IBEW, Local 824 dictate that all votes are by mail-in ballots. Ballots will be mailed out on Friday, May 16th and must be received in the Local Union’s post office box by 9:00 a.m. on Friday, May 30, 2014.
Highlights of the Agreement include:
Wages – (with at least 1 year of service)
- $10.65 per hour – June 9th, 2014
- $10.90 per hour – June 8th, 2015
- $11.15 per hour – June 6th, 2016
- $11.40 per hour – June 5th, 2017
Holidays – (Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Years Day, Employee’s Birthday)
- Add Employee’s Birthday
- Voluntary Holiday Allowance (8 hours) if you are not scheduled to work
- Holiday worked = 8 hrs pay for work + 8 hrs pay for Holiday Allowance
Future Contract Negotiations
- Company will pay for 2 employees to serve on Union Bargaining Committee
- No longer “at will” employees
- Procedure for current employees to transfer to a vacant bridge location before ISS hires a new employee
- Employee paid for Jury Duty
- Establish a Safety Committee
The Election Judge will receive and count all ballots on May 30th, 2014. You will receive instructions on how to mark your ballot and return to the Union Hall.
There will be 2 meetings on Tuesday, May 20th at the American Legion Post 266, located at 5201 Richardson Rd., Sarasota, Florida. There will be one meeting at 8:00 a.m. and another meeting at 3:30 p.m.
The entire Agreement can be viewed by clicking on the link below: